Consulting with the Center
Purdue University and the Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research encourage consulting by faculty members.
Sustaining Member companies may tap the individual or collective knowledge and experiences of Whistler Center faculty as a benefit of membership. When a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) is requested between a faculty member or a group of faculty members serving as university employee(s), the agreement must be approved by Purdue University. Sustaining Member companies may also engage faculty members as paid consultants under the conditions in paragraph 3.
Faculty members, acting as individual contractors, may be engaged as consultants by any company, member or non-member, with the exceptions listed in paragraph 4. Consulting arrangements, fees, and a CDA are established by direct contact between the company and the individual faculty member. The faculty member must get approval from Purdue University to engage in any such outside activity.
General Research Areas
- Carbohydrate chemistry and metabolism in plants
- Processing of biobased materials
Specific Research Areas
- Genetic, enzymatic, and chemical starch modifications
- Maize breeding for targeted starch structure and function
- Switchgrass carbohydrate metabolism
- Co-products of the corn refining and ethanol industries
- Behavior of oligo- and polysaccharides in foods
- Controlled-release system